Does Avon Hill rent by room, by person or by building?
We do not rent by room. We rent by building based on the number of guests, and the only building that may be rented on it's own is the Lodge. All other buildings must be rented in addition to the Lodge.
Will there be guests from other groups staying at Avon Hill while you are at Avon Hill?
- No, we only rent to one group at a time. When you are at Avon Hill you have exclusive use of the property.
How many people can stay at Avon Hill?
- 38 in beds and 5 on sofa beds in 4 different buildings. Please see our listing of buildings and bedding for more details.
Can we reserve the Lodge and then add another building later?
- Yes, if you are not sure of your total number of guests at the time of booking your reservation, you can rent additional buildings as needed.
Can guests use the pool?
- Yes, all guests have access to the pool. The pool is available for use between the hours of 8 AM and 10 PM. There is no lifeguard on duty. All guests swim at their own risk and children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. A cleaning fee will be charged for use of the Pool House kitchen or bathroom.
Do you have cribs?
- Upon request, we will attempt to locate a crib if needed.
Is Internet Wi-Fi available?
- Wi-Fi is available in the Lodge, Overlook and the Tenant House. Internet is not available at the pool or Pool House.
Where is the closest grocery store?
- There is a Food Lions grocery in Scottsville, approximately 12 miles from Avon Hill.
Can I bring my dog?
- Avon Hill is a pet free environment.
What kind of activities can we do at Avon Hill?
- We have hiking trails down to the Rockfish River where you can fish, tube, canoe or kayak. You can stroll through our Boxwood Gardens, relax around the pool and roast marshmallows in the courtyard fire pit. If you enjoy games, we have corn hole, ping-pong, board games and puzzles.
What kind of activities can we do near Avon Hill?
- There are too many things to list that can be done within one hour of Avon Hill Lodge. You can shop, hike, bike, visit historic sites, taste wines and craft beers, golf, ski, fish, dine out and enjoy music and the arts. Visit these sites for a full list of things to do around Avon Hill Lodge; Virginia is For Lovers, Charlottesville Tourism, and Nelson County Tourism.
Do you serve food to your guests?
- We do not serve food. Our guests are encouraged to take advantage of our state of the art kitchen in the Lodge as well as full kitchens in the Tenant House and Pool House.
Where are the nearest restaurants?
- The nearest restaurants are in Scottsville, 12 miles from Avon Hill. Click on Scottsville Dining for more information.
Do you have a caterer recommendation?
- There are many options for catering from local restaurants and event caterers in our area. Some suggestions from past quests include Pumpernickel Pickle and BBQ Connection.
Do you have transportation recommendations?
- There are many options for limo and party bus services in our area. Ambassador Limo has worked with us in the past and knows the property very well.
How far are downtown Charlottesville and the University of Virginia?
- We are 30 miles from Charlottesville and UVA.
We are getting married at a local farm/vineyard. How far is Avon Hill Lodge from?
- Mount Ida Farm - 16 miles
- Trump Winery - 21 Miles
- Blenheim Vineyards - 21 Miles
- Pippin Hill Farm and Vineyard - 23 Miles
- First Colony Winery - 16 Miles
- Delfosse Vineyards - 17 Miles